Argh alliance forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Nyan Train coming through.... Nyan, Nyan, Nyan, Nyan, Nyan....

PortalHomeLatest imagesLog inRegisterSearch

the pia that is trading stuff

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
why?
I'm Very Important
why?

Male Aries Goat
Birthday : 1979-03-26

Character sheet
IGN: Sadhbh Sheridan
Profession: Necromancer
Favoured Title: Slayer of All

the pia that is trading stuff Empty
PostSubject: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:35 am

there is no trade talk forum so i guess this can go here.

I hate how annoying trading stuff in this game is. So much so that i tend to merch almost everything, even golds. I have come to think this might be a bad idea, but is there a better way?

I've sold on guru before, but keeping track of a thread with a few hundred items gets crazy. Especially when you don't know if anything you have is actually worth anything.

The other thing I keep hearing about is people who actually like trading, who will gladly buy stuff from people like me for cheap, but more than the merch price. I think they are fairy tales.

For those that do sell stuff, how do you do it with the least pain possible? Or maybe I just need to grow a thick skin and delve into spamadan...

I see the guides on guru that seem to list the most valuable skin. But is there a list of other skins that are worth keeping, things people will usually buy for more than a couple of plat?

Basically I have so much stuff stored on so many different characters that i literally don't know what i have, and i figure it is pointless having any of it after gw2 comes out, so i want to turn it into cash so i can finish filling up my hom. I also don't know how much time i ever have, and i know doing a trade on guru and then not ever being in game tends to annoy peoples. But standing in spamadan never works unless i am willing to overpay or under sell something significantly, and then only if that something is extremely valuable and i basically choose to give it away.

bla bla bla. i talk too much. any ideas would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Bella Tormenta
~SuPeR~MoM~
Bella Tormenta

Female Leo Dragon
Birthday : 1988-07-30

Character sheet
IGN: Bella Tormenta
Profession: Elementalist

PostSubject: Re: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 6:45 pm

Yes I agree the trading part sucks on this game (Unlike wow that has its own trading system which I find AWESOME) anyways xD.
I Do Hate Kamadan!!! I sometimes try my best to spam atleast 5 mins but I find myself buying shit instead of selling xDD Or give up after the first 2 mins of being there is really annoying....

I been getting into Using Guru Auctions A LOT (I am almost full of cr-p) But I've actually been selling the stuffs I used to merch (ea. Onyx Staffs req9 or pretty looking wands lol) What I do to not get full of things I might never sell Is check GURUAUCTIONS Weapons, minis, everything that I find pretty or cool, If someone is selling for a ridiculous price just set yours in the middle and im sure you'll sell it fast (no need to be greedy)Hell I've seen people selling ugly golds for couple 2-3k just because are req 9 So yeah I rather sell the common but good looking believe me they are easier there's always a buyer for everything I also check ARGOS Just look for the name of the wep (You can't put the mods on the search thingie- But it will give you an idea if that skin is wanted by someone or not at all) Razz

About using the threats on Guru - I have no idea I find that a bit frustrating.... keeping track of who bidded or who B/o is tedious BUT some people are smart to do that :p

If you are not active in game but do want to sell use guru Auctions, Once someone bought/won something set a time by PMs to see eachother in game Razz
(Yes sellers/buyers that are NEVER online gets on my nervs! You have shit to sell? thats a good start but you do need to give some of your valuable time that you will never get again!!!! Argh! sorry hurr hurr derpz... lol

But yeah good luck on getting rich before gw2 Smile

Jessi/Bella
Back to top Go down
why?
I'm Very Important
why?

Male Aries Goat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:28 am

lol i don't want to get rich, i just want enough money to fill my hom. I need a handful of minis, one more title. and the fow armor, which will be a pain. I spent the past couple of months earning money from z quests so i could buy enough keys to get the z rank high enough to put into the hom.

i hadn't heard about argos, thanks i will give that a try.

i had a guru auctions account at one point, i might look into it again, i always seem to have time around the new year to try and sell stuff.

Thank you for the reply and the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Find and Seek
The Obsidian Guru Hore
Find and Seek

Female Taurus Buffalo
Birthday : 1985-05-14

Character sheet
IGN: Miss Find And Seek
Profession: Ranger
Favoured Title: Treasure Hunter

PostSubject: Re: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 6:42 am

If you need a hand reactivating your guru account I can do that, All i'd need is your username or email addy used :3 also if you need a hand setting anything up on there give me a shout its pretty simple once you get used to it.

Old guide to listing;
the pia that is trading stuff Auctionsquickguideup5
Back to top Go down
http://societyofsouls.forums-free.com/
why?
I'm Very Important
why?

Male Aries Goat

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Find and Seek wrote:
If you need a hand reactivating your guru account I can do that, All i'd need is your username or email addy used :3 also if you need a hand setting anything up on there give me a shout its pretty simple once you get used to it.

Old guide to listing;
the pia that is trading stuff Auctionsquickguideup5

cool beans, I will let you know. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the pia that is trading stuff   the pia that is trading stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

the pia that is trading stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argh alliance forums :: Guild Wars :: Merchant's Row :: Talk Trade-
Jump to: